Thursday, August 6, 2009

Game #114


46350 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 14, -15/121 HPs)
Killed from afar by an oklob plant on Level 10 of the Lair of Beasts.

This game was very difficult to play, as early on I drank a potion of mutation which gave me the "you occasionally lose your temper in combat" mutation, which is really annoying. To add insult to injury, my first potion of cure mutation cured me of the good mutations (+1 AC and poison resistance) but left the temper problems. Stupid game.

I was constantly in food difficulties due to the fact that I was berserking in every other battle. Near the bottom of the Lair, I finally found a second potion of cure mutation and got rid of my temper problems. On the very bottom of the Lair, I ran into an oklob plant. Normally I just use a summoned creature to deal with those, but I could not get my helper to attack the stupid thing. While I was trying to get my summoned Ogre to attack, the plant was systematically corroding all of my armour.

I ran away, got new armour and decided to deal with the plant on my own. I took off all my armour, drank a potion of speed and ran up to the plant, planning to berserk. Unfortunately, there were actually six oklob plants in a group, and they blasted me to smithereens before I was able to escape.

Lessons Learned
1. Leave the stupid oklob plants alone.

No comments: