Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Game #112


94165 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 15, 136/136 HPs)
Drowned on Level 18 of the Dungeon.

I started this game around a month ago, but summer projects took over my free time, so I was unable to finish it until today. I had stopped playing just after arriving at the second level of the Lair and creating a stash, so I started off by clearing out the Lair. I did not have a very effective means of poison resistance - only a couple of artifact swords, so I continued through the dungeon, rather than going after either of my regular runes.

The dungeon was full of interesting things that you rarely encounter, and I was determined to figure them all out, which is what killed me. After defeating an ice statue guarding some inaccessible treasure, a hellion guarding an inaccessible portal to Hell, a room full of swamp worms and a brain worm and a couple of rooms full of killer bees, I encountered a circular room made of stone walls and full of deep water. I tried levitating through the hallway, but my levitation did not last long enough, and I had to teleport away to escape. I then tried blasting the walls with both a wand of digging and a wand of disintegration, but neither worked. Finally, I was trying to levitate and blink, when my levitation started to wear off. I did once last blink (which was a mistake) and then read a scroll of teleportation. Unfortunately, the teleportation took too long to activate, and I fell into the water and drowned.

I wonder if you can swim in deep water if you take your armour off? I guess that is something to try if I ever see this room again.

Lessons Learned
1. How not to deal with a room full of deep water.

No comments: