Saturday, July 11, 2009

Game #111 Finished


215579 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 19, 0/256 HPs)
Killed from afar by a storm dragon on Level 25 of the Dungeon.

After escaping from the Snake Pit, I easily obtained the rune at the bottom of the Swamp. Some more dungeon exploration occurred, before I cleared the first seven levels of the Vault. My character was quite powerful and none of the levels were too difficult. However, I was scared of going down to the last level, as in previous attempts, shadow dragons were a problem, and I did not have anything that provided resistance to negative energy. I took the time to buy all the artifact armour and weapons in the shop (including a quick run through the Orcish Mines to raise money) before deciding to continue on into the dungeon. Things were going fine until I encountered a storm dragon on Level 25. We were in a short hallway and it kept attacking me with lightning bolts, which would bounce off the walls and hit me up to three times each attack. It did not take long before I was dead. I did not even have time to think about what was going on.

I think I found my first non-random artifact in this game - the +4 robe of the Night. It has a description, which random artifacts do not, and the game would not let me autodescribe it. Unfortunately for me, a stealth set of armour does not help a heavily armoured dwarf warrior.

Lessons Learned
1. Do not fight lightning wielding creatures in a hallway (or anywhere where a bounce attack can occur).

No comments: