Monday, May 4, 2009

Game #79


1533 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 8, -4/66 HPs)
Killed from afar by Blork the orc on Level 7 of the Dungeon.

I really seem to be hitting a wall around level 8 lately, as I seem unable to get any farther in the game. I arrived on level 8 and found myself surrounded by orcs and a LOT of various other monsters. None were difficult and as I was high level (due to one of those crazy gnoll infested levels earlier on) with a +0,+8 broad axe of chopping, I figured I could easily berserk and take out all my foes. In fact, that is exactly what I did.

However, once all the easy foes were dealt with, Blork, a centaur and some more orcs showed up. I tried to move towards them before my berserk wore off, but that did not work, which left me in the middle of nowhere, slow and facing a named NPC with a wand and a centaur with a bow of frost. It did not take long for the two of them to finish me off.

Lessons Learned
1. Always have an escape plan for when your berserk wears off. In this case, I should have taken the stairs up, as I was standing on them when Blork arrived.

No comments: