Thursday, May 7, 2009

Game #82


81929 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 15, -2/132 (133) HPs)
Slain by a four-headed hydra on Level 5 of the Swamp.

I wonder if I should wait longer before heading down to the last level of the Swamp. It just seems like luck is all that ever gets me through the fight with the swamp dragons and the hydras, which is not the best way to play the game. In this case, I fought through the first four waves, including a lot of berserking, before ending up in trouble and teleporting all over level 5 before I was able to escape. I restocked and returned, figuring that most of the monsters guarding the rune would be gone. They were, but Francis was not. He (or she) summoned some demons, who summoned more demons until half the screen was filled with 3s, 4s and 5s. I was berserk at the time, with a berserked rock troll as help and we actually managed to defeat them all.

However, the commotion attracted one of the last hydras and I was low on hitpoints and completely forgot that I was slow, which made my death come quickly.

Lessons Learned
1. Leave the last level of the Swamp until a bit later on in the game.

No comments: