Monday, July 6, 2009

Game #107


75 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 3, -1/30 HPs)
Slain by a worm on Level 1 of the Dungeon.

The starting area of this game included a room with glass walls full of oozes, worms, rats and jackals. I briefly considered berserking and immediately attacking, but I figured it would be wiser to explore the level, make to level 2 or 3 and then take out the room when I had more hitpoints. I did exactly that, except somehow the monsters managed to open the door on their own - are they like the velociraptors in Jurassic Park? Anyway, I encountered a bunch of them in an open area and ended up berserking in order to survive. After my berserk wore off, a worm walked up to me and pummelled me, since I was slow and had not found anything to help me in a dangerous situation.

I really despise the goofy starting levels in Crawl. I am pretty sure you can turn them off, and I think I am going to do that.

No comments: