Friday, July 10, 2009

Game #111

My current game is going very well. I have cleared the Lair and retrieved the rune from the bottom of the Snake Pit. I got into trouble on the last level of the Snake Pit, but managed to escape. I got surrounded by the rune guards in a hallway near the open area - I berserked and took a bunch of them out, but there were far too many and I found myself slow and surrounded. I read a scroll of teleport, which dropped me three steps away from the rune. I quaffed a potion of speed and grabbed the rune, before reading another scroll of teleport as more nagas were arriving. Unfortunately, this teleport only took me to the other side of the open area. I just wanted to escape, so I read 3 scrolls of blinking (interspersed with 3 potions of healing, due to the poison arrows spells that were cast at me) in order to get to the far side of the hallway with all the guards. I was hasted by that point, so I just ran to the nearest staircase, taking at least one orb of energy hit that knocked my hitpoints down dangerously low.

No comments: