Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Game #67


469 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 6, -2/46 HPs)
Slain by a phantom on Level 4 of the Dungeon.

This turned out to be a fairly crappy game. I encountered a phantom on Level 4 and just could not do any damage to it. It took me down to red on my hitpoints, so I went berserk and managed to defeat it. I was then hungry and slow, with almost no hitpoints. I ate and started resting, when a beetle of some sort appeared. I used my wands to finish it off and started resting again. I was immediately set upon by a rat, a cockroach and an orc, but managed to defeat them all, still with my hitpoints very low. For the third time I started resting and this time a second phantom appeared. Still unable to hurt it, I went berserk, but it kept teleporting away, and my berserk quickly wore off, allowing the phantom to easily defeat me.

Lessons Learned
1. Retreat away from any unexplored areas when resting to regain hitpoints.

No comments: