Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Game #71


11691 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 11, 0/100 HPs)
Slain by a slime creature on Level 12 of the Dungeon.

This game was simply an exercise in frustration and I once I got annoyed, I played poorly. I normally carry everything with me until I find the Lair, and then I quickly pop down to Level 2 and drop everything off. Well, the Lair did not turn up until Level 12 and I kept having inventory problems until I eventually got mad and ran back to the temple to drop off a bunch of stuff for later.

Now, Level 12 was a complete nightmare. It was overpopulated with monsters, including an entire room full of orc warriors and orcs. One of the stupid warriors had a war axe of distortion and I just could not defeat him. I would hit him a few times and then he would teleport me away. Similarly, the level was full of Slime Creatures that worked the same way. Hit them until they flee and then encounter them again, hit them until they flee and then encounter them again and so on and so on and so on. I must have fought the same five creatures 40 times and my finger started hurting from all the attacks I was making.

The entrance to the Lair was surrounded by water that was filled with Jellyfish and Goldfish, both of which work the same way - attack until they retreat, find them again and then attack until they retreat. I was so sick of it, that I was trying to use summoned creatures to clear the water, but the stupid things wouldn't fight the monsters right beside them - instead they kept trying to find a way to the Slime Creatures outside the water. After a bunch of time in the water, my hitpoints were low, my patience was thin and I let a Slime Creature kill me.

Annoying level.

No comments: