Thursday, April 23, 2009

Game #72


3331 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 9, 0/75 (77) HPs)
Killed from afar by an electrical eel on Level 9 of the Dungeon.

I found a potion of mutation early on in this game that gave my character the berserk mutation, which meant that I randomly went berserk while fighting. This made the game extremely frustrating, as I was constantly running out of food and getting into trouble because I was berserking at very bad times. However, I fought through and made it all the way to level 9 of the Dungeon.

Level 9 was a big open area with a multitude of small lakes and each lake had one or two electrical eels. Without proper resistance, such a level is very dangerous, as you can quickly find yourself in range of 3 or 4 eels and take 3-4 lightning bolt hits with every step you take. That is what happened to me. I really should have just skipped the level, as there was no need to clear it out.

Lessons Learned
1. Avoid electrical eels when you do not have the proper resistances.

No comments: