Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Game #53


78 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 2, 0/22 HPs)
Slain by a kobold on Level 1 of the Dungeon.


Sorry for the lack of games recently. The cold I currently have has been extremely viscious and that has really cut into my ability to play Crawl.

I could not buy any luck this game. I had to berserk an early goblin, as he reduced me to 3 hitpoints. Then, upon arriving at level 2, a goblin and a snake arrived beside me. I had already been poisoned on level 1 and identified a potion of healing and I still had one in my pack. After defeating the goblin, I was left at 5 hitpoints, with a snake beside me. I made the tough decision to quaff my potion of healing, so that I would have enough hitpoints to defeat the snake, even though I risked dying to poison.

I was able to scare the snake away, but he did poison me. I popped up to level 1 and rested. Luckily for me, the poison went away when I was at 1 hitpoint. I rested up and went back down to level 2. Sure enough, the snake was right beside me, and the exact same thing happened. I scared him away, got poisoned and then went up to level 1, where the poison wore off at 1 hitpoint. I then rested. When I had 8 hitpoints, a kobold arrived, and quickly killed me.

Stupid game.


Notes
Turn | Place | Note
--------------------------------------------------------------
0 | D:1 | Bill, the Mountain Dwarf Berserker, began the quest for the Orb.
0 | D:1 | Reached XP level 1. HP: 16/16 MP: 0/0
286 | D:1 | Reached XP level 2. HP: 19/22 MP: 1/1
700 | D:2 | Acquired Trog's second power
755 | D:2 | HP: 1/22 [snake (2)]
770 | D:1 | HP: 1/22 [poison]
1016 | D:1 | HP: 1/22 [poison]
1123 | D:1 | Slain by a kobold

No comments: