Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Game #57


274 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 5, 0/46 HPs)
Slain by an orc on Level 4 of the Dungeon.

I just played stupidly. While exploring level 3, I took a down staircase and arrived in a room with Sigmund. I was strong enough that I wasn't too worried about fighting him, so I moved over to him and berserked. I quickly dispatched him and then another monster appeared. I probably should have retreated, but I pressed the attack in order to keep my berserk up. That monster quickly fell, but my movements brought me into sight of two orcs. As I moved towards them, my berserk wore off.

At that point, I was quite far away from the staircase and slow. I should have enacted an escape plan instead of just walking back towards the staircase, which allowed the orcs to get in four attacks every time I made a move. They quickly took me out.

No comments: