Sunday, March 1, 2009

Game #48 Continued

This game continues to go well. My foray into the Snake Pit ended well, though I have to say, I'm not certain how a character on their own defeats all the nagas surrounding the rune. As it was, I had to waste most of my piety with Trog summoning creatures to fight on my behalf, while I kept bouncing upstairs to heal. So, this character now has two runes, which is very cool.

Given that things are going so well, I figured I may as well try and get deeper into the dungeon, so that is what I spent the rest of my playing time doing. I managed to make it all the way to level 18, though clearing level 18 was an adventure. The first staircase I went down dropped me in a circle of 17 humans plus a couple of uniques. I quickly ran back upstairs and tried a different staircase. Unfortunately, the second staircase led to the same location. Luckily, the third staircase led to a different part of the level, and I was able to split up all of my opponents and defeat them. My biggest struggle occurred when I encountered one of the uniques in addition to a deep elf summoner, who quickly filled the room with 3s and 5s. Luckily he blinked right beside me at one point, so I was able to kill him, while my summoned rock troll took care of his summoned demons.

Reading those last couple of sentences remind me why I actually like this game.

No comments: