Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Game #54


104220 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 16, -7/146 HPs)
Killed from afar by a smoke demon in The Abyss.


Another awesome character lost to the stupid Abyss. I tried to do things in a specific pattern this game, as I am determined to get all the way through the game, and the best way to do that is to always play the same way, so that anything I learn from dying can easily be applied to the next game. So, I cleared the main dungeon all the way down until level 15. I then returned to the Lair and cleared it completely. By that point, I had found a number of possible poison resistance options, so I picked one and quickly dove down to the fifth level of the Swamp and obtained the rune. My next step was to clear the Hive, which I may or may not do again. I have only cleared it a couple of times, so I wanted to make certain that I knew how it looked and how it should be played. I then started going through the Snake Pits to get the rune there. I easily made it through the first few levels, until I encountered Louise. She cast a few spells at me, I hurt her a little bit and then she cast me into the Abyss.

Thus ended another promising character. I wandered around the Abyss, attracted a number of demons and managed to get killed while attempting to teleport and reset the level.

Stupid game.

Lessons Learned
1. Teleport before you get down to half hitpoints in The Abyss.

No comments: