Thursday, June 25, 2009

Game #101


87128 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 15, -9/138 (139) HPs)
Killed from afar by a greater naga on Level 5 of the Snake Pit.

This character died to bad teleporting luck, in part because I chose to teleport from trouble instead of using a different escape option. I had spent some time fighting the nagas guarding the rune in a hallway next to the big open room. This worked well, but I ran into trouble during one fight, where a couple of poison arrows and hard hits from a naga warrior had knocked my hitpoints down a lot. I decided to flee via teleporting, but I ended up teleporting directly into the middle of the open room, surrounded by 20 or so nagas. I managed to survive for a couple of turns (scroll of fear, then scroll of teleportation) before I was blasted by a spell and died.

Lessons Learned
1. Blind teleportation should be your last escape option. I could have summoned help to fight for me, in which case I would have easily survived.

No comments: