Friday, June 19, 2009

Game #97


3373 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 9, -22/74 HPs)
Annihilated by an abomination in The Abyss.

I could not be more ticked off at this game right now. The room where the staircase to the Orcish Mines was located was full of orcs. It took me most of my wands and a couple of scrolls in order to fight through them all, but except for one time versus three priests, a wraith and a wizard, I survived without my hitpoints dipping into the red.

During the fighting, Trog was nice enough to give me a broad axe, but unfortunately for me, he was being very fickle and the stupid thing turned out to be a broad axe of distortion. Now once you wield a weapon of distortion you are generally f***ed, as bad things happen when you unwield it. My bad thing was to be thrown into the Abyss. Damn stupid game. I actually made it out of the Abyss the first time. However, I was a sucker for punishment and had wielded the broad axe of distortion while in the Abyss, since it was the most powerful weapon I had. Of course, the second time I unwielded it, I was again thrown into the Abyss, where I was mercilessly killed.

Lessons Learned
1. Throw the stupid weapons of distortion away and never, ever use them.

No comments: