Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Game #104


461 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 6, -3/52 HPs)
Slain by a wight on Level 5 of the Dungeon.

Another fight where I did not feel that I was in danger, as I had just over 50% of my hitpoints. However, a wight with a draining attack and a battleaxe can do a LOT of damage in one turn. I have been mulling over this problem for some time now, and I think Crawl needs a warning whenever you make a move and, in response, the enemy could do more damage than you have hitpoints. In fact, if your various command options were highlighted with regards to this information, it would greatly help decision making in situations such as this. Obviously it won't help when you have 2 hitpoints and are surrounded by enemies, but it may prevent you from getting into that situation.

No comments: