Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Game #90


100167 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 16, -2/126 HPs)
Mangled by a stone giant on Level 17 of the Dungeon.

I died due to trying to game the system, rather than just playing the game, plus I forgot to equip my best possible armour after using some inferior armour (that provided poison resistance) to obtain the rune at the bottom of the Snake Pit.

Around the second level, I took 47 curare tipped needles off of a kobold. With such a large stash of an awesome weapon, I spent the first part of the game training with a blowgun, only to realize that it is wholly inadequate as a weapon. Normally I use ranged weapons to pick off monsters who are fleeing from me. The blowgun is useless in that role, as it does not do any damage. So, after I got the rune, I grabbed a crossbow and a bunch of bolts and when down into the dungeon to train my crossbow skill. Of course, to do this, I stood beside fairly large creatures and shot them, which meant that I was low on hit points.

Eventually I encountered an enemy I had too few hitpoints for and I died.

Lessons Learned
1. The blowgun is not an effective ranged weapon (as far as damage is concerned).
2. Always ensure you have the best armour and weapons equipped.
3. Be very careful when gaming the system.

No comments: