Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Game #28


321 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (level 5, -1/39 HPs)
Killed from afar by an orc wizard on Level 4 of the Dungeon.

I want to blame the stupid wizard, but once again, I stopped thinking and attacked blindly, which resulted in me ending up in a situation where it was difficult, if not impossible, to recover from.

I discovered the wizard by himself while he was still some ways away from me and started firing crossbow bolts at him. He was quite injured by the time he was a couple of steps away from me, at which point he decided to turn invisible. I foolishly switched to my axe and moved to attack, which brought me into the sight of a giant gecko. I took a number of swings at the invisible wizard, positive that this next swing would defeat him. Before I knew it, the gecko was beside me, I was fighting two enemies and was down to 9 hitpoints.

I started retreating and actually made it to a hallway, but before I could enact an escape plan, the wizard confused me. At that point, there was little to nothing I could do, and I died.

Obviously I have not been learning from my previous games, as this is exactly what happened with the centaur and the frog.

No comments: