Saturday, February 21, 2009

Game #44


1273 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 8, -13/75 HPs)
Killed from afar by an oklob plant on Level 6 of the Dungeon.

Honestly - what the hell is an oklob plant? You rarely encounter one and I am pretty sure that the other times I have encoutered them, I have been at a much higher level. This one was blocking part of the level and I did not think it would be that difficult to defeat. However, I could not get my summoned creatures to attack it.

Eventually a summoned black bear did attack it and almost destroyed it before dying. I then berserked and walked towards the plant, but it managed to corrode all my armour before I even got there. Then, to make matters worse, my berserk wore off before I arrived and I was unable to defeat the stupid plant.

Yet another example of needing to die to a new monster in order to figure out its strengths and weaknesses.

Lessons Learned
1. How not to fight an oklob plant.

No comments: