Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Game #40


6579 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 10, -2/72 (76) HPs)
Slain by a glowing hand crossbow on Level 9 of the Dungeon.

I thought things were going very well this game right up until I died. I had found an amulet of the gourmand as well as an artifact spear of orc slaying. Since I had it, I decided to clear the Orcish Mines, which I did (kind of, as the majority of the mines was inaccessible and I did not feel like risking a teleport). After that, I continued on into the dungeon until I ran into a mimic. Now, I've defeated many mimics in the past, so I'm not sure why this one took me out. I was below half hitpoints, so I'll have to remember for next time that mimics can attack very quickly, as this one got in three attacks to my one.

Lessons Learned
1. How not to fight a mimic.

No comments: