Friday, February 20, 2009

Game #43


14494 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 11, -16/90 HPs)
Kill from afar by a firedrake on Level 6 of the Lair of Beasts.

I'm not really certain what mistake I made this game. I was fighting a large group of yaks in a chokepoint and I was berserked. After killing the last yak, a firedrake appeared and blasted me with fire.

I ended up moving through the chokepoint into an open room to kill the last couple and at that time a firedrake appeared. The first flame hit me hard, and I was already down on hitpoints from fighting the yaks. As I was still berserked, I was in a bit of a bind. I could not use a wand, put on my ring of fire, or drink a potion of extra healing. I was too far away to get into close combat, so I backed up and got out of sight. My berserk almost immediately wore off, which meant I was slow. I immediately summoned a troll, but it appeared behind me. As I moved to swap places with it, the firedrake blasted me with fire twice and killed me.

Stupid game.

No comments: