Thursday, February 26, 2009

Game #47


7297 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 10, -33/81 HPs)
Killed by triggering a blade trap on Level 2 of the Lair of Beasts.

I thought this was going to be another good game, especially as I found a ring of poison resistance. However, this character really struggled to find a decent weapon. I had an artifact short sword, as well as a long sword of freezing, which I used as my primary weapon, but I really wasn't causing as much damage as I usually do.

I did make it down into the Lair and prepared myself to explore it. Upon arriving on level 3, I was hit hard by a black snake, but managed to escape. I returned to level 2 to rest, but a giant slug was there and took me down to 1 hitpoint before I was able to defeat it. Rather than just resting, I moved, though I don't know why, and stepped on a blade trap, which did 34 hitpoints of damage.

Lessons Learned
1. When low on hitpoints, rest where you are - don't walk to a different location to rest.

No comments: