Sunday, February 8, 2009

Game #33


1751 Bill the Mountain Dwarf Berserker (level 8, -6/68 HPs)
Mangled by an ogre on Level 7 of the Dungeon.

I am now playing a Berserker, since the first month of playing a Hunter did not go well and because I had so much luck with my tutorial Minotaur Berserker.

Things went very well in this game until dungeon level 7. There, I encountered an ogre immediately after my berserk wore off. Being slow and fighting an Ogre does not work. Luckily a scroll of teleportation saved me, even though I likely should have died, as I waited until my hitpoints were very low before reading the scroll. Then the exact same thing happened a second time - after using berserk to kill the second ogre, what should appear but a third ogre. Even worse, I zapped an unidentified wand at him and it turned out to be a wand of invisibility. So, I was slow and tired, with an invisible ogre chasing me. For a second time I waited too long to use my scroll of teleportation and this time I died.

Lessons Learned
1. Use your escape option as soon as you realize you are in trouble. Don't wait for your hitpoints to fall to nothing.
2. Don't identify wands by zapping them at dangerous opponents.

No comments: