Friday, January 16, 2009

Game #11


3925 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (level 10 0/77 HPs)
Slain by a troll on Level 11 of the Dungeon.

I just could not buy any luck during my fight with this troll. I quaffed a potion of might and did a lot of damage, but I kept pressing incorrect buttons, including accidentally changing to my crossbow while in hand to hand combat. That gave him a couple of free hits which took me down below half hitpoints. I had a couple of wands of lightning, and wands are my weapon of choice when facing an enemy that is too difficult for me. However, this troll was an expert at dodging lightning bolts, and I quickly fell to 1 HP, at which point many of your escape options disappear. I kept shooting lightning bolts and kept missing until I died.

Some of the new stuff in Crawl is very interesting or odd. An interdimensional bazaar?

Lessons Learned
1. Be very careful of your keypresses when fighting a dangerous opponent.

No comments: