Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Game #9 Finished


8507 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (level 11, -2/84 HPs)
Slain by a giant brown frog on Level 3 of the Lair of Beasts.

In some ways I dislike my characters that survive for a long time more than my characters that die quickly, since you spend so much time playing them and they are so powerful, yet they still die very quickly. In this case, the third level of the Lair was a nightmare. It contained large ponds of water filled with electric eels, as well as an obscene number of tough foes to fight through.

I survived my first excursion into level 3 and took out a large number of enemies. After retreating back to the first level to rest, I went back to get the loot. However, there were just as many enemies as I had already defeated waiting for me and my exploration took me between two ponds where three or four electric eels blasted me to pieces.

Despite that, I still died due to my own stupidity. I had a ring of teleport control and a bunch of scrolls of teleportation. I even used one of the scrolls once I got down to 30 or so hitpoints. However, instead of teleporting to a staircase, I instead teleported to the loot I was trying to get to and landed in a nearby room full of even more monsters. Before I could do much of anything, those monsters managed to wipe me out.

Lessons Learned
1. Escape when you have the chance, you idiot.

No comments: