Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Game #6


797 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (level 7, -8/57 HPs)
Killed from afar by an orc priest on Level 6 of the
Dungeon.

I was playing very well until I got impatient with the game, as this game was all about giving me enemies that I was not able to handle. I had to completely abandon level 4 due to the hippogriff (!) and ghost of Bob that I was unable to defeat. Level 5 contained a couple of jellies, but I was prepared (with a sling and stones) and managed to defeat them before falling through a trap into level 6. Level 6 was my final undoing, as it contained a number of orcs, including orc priests.

The first priest I encountered hit me hard, but I was able to escape to level 7 to rest, before returning to level 6 and making a pincushion out of him. By the time I encountered the second, I was sick of running away and foolishly stood and attacked him. I don't know what god the orc priests worship, but he hits you like a ton of bricks.

Lessons Learned
1. Orc priests are very dangerous.

2. If you want to finish the game, keep running away from dangerous opponents.

No comments: