Friday, January 30, 2009

Game #24 Finished


160914 Jason the Minotaur Berserker (level 17, -2/237 (238) HPs)
Slain by a tentacled monstrosity on Level 22 of the Dungeon.

I was easily able to clear the Hive and obtain all the food in it. Even without poison resistance, my natural healing combined with the odd potion of healing kept me from ever being in any real danger.

After the Hive, I continued down into the dungeon. I thought the dungeon was only 20 levels deep, but apparently I was wrong. Since going deeper into the dungeon wasn't helping me, I decided to give the Slime Pits a try to see if I could use summoned creatures to survive it. Immediately upon entry to the Slime Pits, I encountered an Acid Blob, which threw acid at me that ate away at my armour. I summoned some creatures and was able to defeat the blob, but not before my armour took a beating. I decided against continuing into the Slime Pits.

I then went into the Vault. There were some tough fights on level 1, but nothing I couldn't handle. However, around level 5, it became a lot tougher, and even after I decided to leave, a bunch of deep elf conjurers appeared and used flaming attacks to destroy all my scrolls. I went back into the dungeon and went down two more levels where I found a couple of portals to Hell. I jumped in, just to see what Hell looked like and was promptly annihilated by a million summoned demons.

I should definitely consider changing from a Hunter to a Berserker, since the ability to go berserk helps out in a lot of early game situations. I also need to do some research into the levels and roughly how powerful you need to be in order to survive them, since I obviously was not prepared for how tough Hell was.

No comments: