Sunday, January 18, 2009

Game #13


417 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (Level 5 -4/44 HPs)
Killed from afar by Edmund on Level 5 of the Dungeon.

I'm actually surprised this character made it as far as he did. I made one stupid mistake, which was something I had learned in the past but forgotten. Never, ever read scrolls to identify them if you are not wielding a slashing weapon. In this case, I had my crossbow wielded and the first scroll I read was a scroll of curse weapon - that was at the beginning of dungeon level 2. After four dungeon levels and
numerous scrolls, I still had a cursed crossbow as my main weapon. Unfortunately, by level 5 I was out of ammunition and it did not take long for me to die.

Lessons Learned
1. Always wield a slashing weapon when identifying scrolls (at least until curse weapon is found).

No comments: