Monday, January 5, 2009

Game #4


153 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (level 3, 0/27 HPs)
Slain by a gnoll on Level 2 of the Dungeon.

ARGH! Even when you play correctly, this game still finds a way to kill you. Actually, the interface found a way to kill me, and I am going to have to spend some time researching keybindings before playing again. I am playing on a laptop, which means I do not have a keypad, so the automated resting command (SHIFT + Key5) is not easy to press (as it would be something like SHIFT + FN + I). Therefore, I was resting by just holding down the period key, which doesn't stop you from resting when an enemy appears. The gnoll appeared, walked up to me and bludgeoned me to death before I was able to take my finger off the period key.

Lessons Learned
1. Use the features of the game properly.

No comments: