Saturday, January 3, 2009

Game #2


45 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (level 2, -1/22 HPs)
Slain by a worm on Level 2 of the Dungeon.

In my second game, I continued to make rookie mistakes. I walked down a set of stairs and arrived in an open area with a worm right beside me. A goblin was a few steps away. One of the first rules of Crawl (it is even in the quickplay guide) is to never fight more than one monster at a time. I should have gone back upstairs immediately, dragging the worm with me, or I should have moved into a hallway where only one monster could attack me. Instead, I stood there, attempting to fight two enemies and died a quick death.

Not a very interesting game, nor is the information I obtained earth-shattering.

Lessons Learned
1. Never fight more than one monster at a time.

No comments: