Friday, January 9, 2009

Game #8


333 Bob the Mountain Dwarf Hunter (level 4, -1/33 HPs)
Slain by a gnoll on Level 6 of the Dungeon.

I'm still not used to all the new features that have been added to Crawl since last year. Apparently there are now traps where you fall through a shaft to a lower dungeon level. That happened to me here, where my poor level 4 hunter fell from dungeon level 4 all the way to dungeon level 6. While I was attempting to find a way back up to level 5, I encountered 3 gnolls and 4 jackals.

I did quite well, killing 2 of the gnolls and all the jackals (thank goodness for an identified potion of might in my backpack), but I got a little overconfident with the last gnoll. I didn't notice that he was armed with a halberd and I let my hitpoints go down too low.

Lessons Learned
1. Watch your hitpoints very, very closely. Once below 50%, start looking for escape options (or keep moving until your hitpoints go back up).

No comments: